MORESPORT (PTY) LTD TRADING AS SPORTMANS WAREHOUSE
Moresport respects consumers' constitutional rights to privacy and data protection. Accordingly, Moresport believes in protecting the personal information we collect from you when you use the www.sportmanswarehouse.co.za website ("our website"). Moresport will use its best commercial endeavours to only use or disclose your personal information in the manner stated in this policy.
Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including your name, address, e mail address, telephone number, and identity number.
Personal information collected
- In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website Moresport will from time to time ask you for relevant personal information. Moresport will use such information to provide the services to you. Moresport may also use such information for its own internal purposes including–
- establishing and verifying your identity;
- maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
Storage of personal information
- Moresport uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
PayU process all credit card transactions.
The following principles apply to all persons and organisations whose personal information (also referred to as personal data) PayU hold. Payu focuses, in particular, on the following core principles:
• To be transparent and to educate: You should understand what personal information is collected, for what purposes and to understand how PayU applies the privacy principles.
• To empower the individual: PayU wants you to be in control of your personal information and to make your own choices about your personal information.
• To protect and keep your information secure: As a payments and financial services business, ensuring your personal information is kept safe and secure is one of the main business values. PayU works together to maintain your trust and take responsibility to ensure that appropriate security standards are implemented, and your personal information is protected.
• To only collect and retain the personal information needed: PayU collects personal information to perform its services for you. PayU works to have controls in place to avoid collecting identifiable data beyond what PayU needs.
• To respect local law: PayU has a global presence, with local privacy expertise.
To view the local applicable privacy statements (or privacy terms in our terms and conditions) for the local PayU business, please click here: and select the country from the list.
The PayU privacy principles are global standards used to measure commitment to data privacy legislation and to develop services and products. If you have any questions or want to report a privacy concern you can contact PayU at: [email protected]
Personal information shared
Moresport will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any of our services, you provide your express and informed consent for Moresport to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- to third party companies employed by Moresport to provide services for us, including for example, website hosting and development. These companies require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes;
- to transfer Moresport's customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Moresport is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
- prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; and/or
protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Moresport will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
Moresport reserves the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or business associates and partners. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify any individual consumer in any way.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information to governmental bodies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Moresport is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary as set out in 5.1.3.
- In addition, we may disclose information if required to do so to any regulatory authorities in connection with any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Moresport to legal liability.
Communicating with us
Communicating with you / Opting Out
We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change our privacy & security policy, we will post changes to this page. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
The amended privacy & security policy will supersede and replace any previous policies with effect from the date on which it is posted on our website.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy & security policy, please email the Webstore at [email protected].