Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which browsers work well for this website?
The recommended browsers for this website are Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, latest version of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
2. Why should I register?
In order to transact on this website you need to have a registered profile. Your profile has a username and password which you will need to log on. If you do not have a username or password you will need to create a profile.
3. Will my details be supplied to other companies?
No. We do not disclose your information to third parties.
4. How can I recover my password should I have forgotten it?
You need to select the “Forgotten Password” link when logging onto your profile and type in your registered email address. We will email a link to the registered email address which will allow you to update your password.
5. Which products can I purchase online?
All products which are available to purchase online are marked with a ribbon on the top right corner stating “Buy Online”. Within each category, you also have the option to filter products to “Buy Online”, which will display products to purchase online only.
What assistance is provided to ensure that I select the correct product?
Each product on the website has linked descriptions of its functionality which allow customers to compare and choose products.
We also offer “Expert Advice” in certain sections to assist your selection choice. Should you require any further assistance over and above what we offer online, please feel free to contact us toll free on our Website Toll Free number, 0800 007 030.
The Toll Free Line is available during the following hours:
|Mon – Fri
Sat – Sun
|09:00 - 18:00
09:00 – 14:00
7. What delivery options do I have?
We offer delivery at any specified address within South Africa on each online order. You can change your specified address for each delivery or set it to remain on your billing address.
8. What are the delivery costs?
- A fee of R50 (including VAT) will be charged per order if it is worth less than R800.
- Each order worth more than R800 will be delivered free of charge..
9. Do you deliver outside of South Africa?
No. We can only deliver goods within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
10. When will the goods be delivered and by whom?
Your product(s) will be delivered within 5 business days of the order date. The products will be delivered by either Berco Express or the Moresport Service Centre. We reserve the right to contact customers and arrange alternative delivery methods and timelines if your delivery address is remote or to cancel the order if delivery is not feasible.
11. What happens when I am not available when delivery is made?
You have the option to indicate an alternate authorized person who can receive the order on your behalf under “Notes”, as part of the verification process of your order. Should you not be available to accept the goods delivered during delivery, we will request for your authorized person to collect on your behalf.
12. What payment types do you accept?
All VISA & MASTER credit and debit cards registered at a local South African Bank. At present, we do not accept ANY international credit cards.
13. Do you accept lay buys?
Regrettably we do not accept lay buys.
14. Do you accept direct deposits?
Regrettably we do not accept direct deposits or electronic fund transfers.
15. Do you accept gift cards as method of payment for online purchases?
Regrettably we do not accept gift cards as method of payment for online purchases.
16. Who do I contact should I have any payment queries or suspect fraudulent transactions on my card?
For any payment/bank related queries or should you suspect fraudulent transactions on your credit card, please contact us on 0800 007 030.
17. Is it possible for me to cancel my order before delivery?
Yes, your order will be dealt with according to our refund policy.
Simply contact us on 0800 007 030 to arrange for your order to be refunded before dispatch.
Refunds and Exchanges
18. Can I have goods refunded or exchanged if they were purchased online?
Yes. Goods purchased online can be exchanged or refunded at any of the 34 stores located in South Africa (recommended method) provided that:
- there is valid proof of purchase, i.e. original tax invoice
- it is within 6 months of the original purchase date
- it is in its original packaging or condition,
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact,
- it is unworn, unused and the online store's price ticket is attached,
- we have confirmation of funds received in our account.
Goods purchased online can also be refunded through the Web store within 48 hours after acceptance of delivery. After the 48 hour period, the goods can only be refunded at any of the 34 stores located in South Africa.
Products purchased online can be exchanged at any Sportsmans Warehouse store nationally. No product exchanges can be done through our Web store.
Refunds can ONLY be done on the credit card used for the original sale. (Applicable to returns made to the online store and all stores nationally)
19. Are the delivery fees refunded as well?
Delivery fees will be refunded if the goods delivered were damaged or did not agree to your online order, Should you choose to replace the damaged product, no additional delivery fees will be charged.
Delivery fees are not refundable if the goods ordered did not meet your expectations and you no longer want the product. Example: Incorrect size ordered.
20. How long does it take for the refund to reflect on my account?
All major banks have a standard policy of processing refunded credit card transactions within 7-10 business days.
21. Can Sportsmans Warehouse terminate or cancel my account?
Yes. Sportsmans Warehouse reserves the right to refuse service, cancel orders, and terminate accounts at the company's discretion.
22. Is this website secure?
Yes. Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions.
- All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted.
- The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services.
- All encryption complies with international standards
- Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions.
- Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.